Sunday, January 10, 2016

Top 10 Actions That Say "I Love You"

February 10, 2015

Valentine's Day is the perfect time to say "I love you." Even if you haven't said it for awhile, please do so on this special day!

When you send that message, don't forget that, from the receiver's perspective, your words, tone of voice, body language and actions all have to work together. The saying, "Words are cheap, action speaks," is never more true than when applied to "I love you." How about making it a habit to take some small steps with someone you care about now?

The saying, "Words are cheap, action speaks," is never more true than when applied to "I love you." Whether spoken to a romantic partner, your children or other family members, if the actions aren't there to back up the loving words, it all means nothing. Below are 10 of the best ways to say "I love you" in your actions. But there are thousands more. See how creative you can get in coming up with your own ideas.

1. Greet your loved ones with a big smile, a hug and a kiss.

2. Really listen to what your loved ones are saying; give them your undivided and undistracted attention.

3. Support each other through tough times.

4. Do simple (even random) acts of kindness, such as massaging shoulders or feet, cooking a favorite meal, running a bath.

5. Spend one-on-one time with your loved ones, with no particular agenda.

6. Commit to truly accepting each other's faults.

7. Come home on time. Sober. If you have to be late, call (or text) to let them know!

8. Be impeccable with your word. If you say you'll do something, do it, and by the time you said you'd do it.

9. Take responsibility for your part in any conflict, and then look at how you can do better next time. Step out of the blame game.

10. Share yourself and what lives deeply inside of you. This is a precious gift and conveys trust and security.

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends." (1 Corinthians 13:1-8a ESV)
Author's content used with permission, © Claire Communications

No comments:

Post a Comment